Nov 5, 2018
1. Steven asks about the best route to take if you want to learn and practice TEAM-CBT? Is the degree important? What's the best degree? Should you go to school to become a psychologist, clinical social worker, addiction counselor, psychiatrist, professional counselor, pastoral counselor, marriage and family therapist, life coach, or what? There are so many degrees and potential paths that my head is spinning!
2. Sandy asks how to overcome long-standing, entrenched perfectionistic tendencies.
3. Rin asks about the Burns Depression checklist and the criteria for depression in the DSM. He is (understandably) confused about the so-called "somatic" symptoms of depression, like insomnia or changes in appetite.
For example, some “experts” would argue that the following are all symptoms of clinical depression:
How can opposite symptoms be symptoms of depression? Does this make sense? Are these really the symptoms of depression, or simply non-specific symptoms? What are the five key symptoms of real depression?
4. Kevin is a therapist with a simple question: How do I get over my desire to help?
5. Amanda asks how to use the Disarming Technique with a patient who thinks he or she isn’t making any progress in the therapy.